The Leadership First training scheme allows senior managers and business owners to receive 100% funding for the first £500 worth of business training and 50% funding for the next £1000 training. Therefore a training project of £1500 will receive a £1000 grant.
East Midlands Train to Gain have recently announced a temporary reduction in the eligibility criteria for businesses wishing to apply for the Leaders First training grant. Now, Limited companies employing only 2 staff (with a maximum of 249 employees), can apply for a training grant up to £1000.
For our customers this means that we can provide 3 days of 1-2-1 training for a range of subjects for only £500!
Examples of training projects funded through Leadership First
Below are some examples of recent projects funded fully or in-part by the Leadership First grant:
- Commission Air – How to develop an email newsletter
- Fancy Dress Shack – How to set up and optimise an AdWords pay per click campaign and use ecommerce data and the new AdWords data in Google Analytics
- SportsWise marketing – How to develop a pay per click service for their advertising clients
- Global Coach Tours – How to use Google Analytics data to understand and improve the conversion rates of their website and how to use international Google AdWords pay per click to attract more overseas customers
How to apply for the Leadership First Training grant
If you would like us to provide 3 or more days of training to you and/or your senior managers on any aspect of ebusiness or online marketing then we should be able to help you!
- Download the Leadership First Form
- Complete your personal and company details and edit the type of training form the ideas we have supplied – this should take a maximum of 10 minutes to complete. Then email back the completed form to email@example.com
- We will forward the completed form to our contacts at Train To Gain
- You will be contacted directly by Leadership First team within 1-3 weeks, in order to arrange an interview (either over the phone or in person with a local Business Link advisor)
- During the interview you will be asked questions about your business, your plans for the future and how the training will help to make your strategy succeed. They will also check other eligibility criteria
- After this diagnostic the advisor will produce your own Personal Development Plan or PDP. They will send you the Personal development Plan to sign and return
- If everything is OK, you will then receive an offer letter (typically within 2-3 weeks)
- You then have 3 weeks to start the training, complete the paperwork, and pay for the training.
- We will also sign the paperwork, and provide proof of payment. You will need to return all this to Train to Gain with an invoice for your grant of £1000 (you cannot claim the VAT back)
- You should receive the grant within 4-6 weeks
With the new coalition government now in place these Train to Gain business grants could be vulnerable to future cuts. We therefore advise you to act quickly to take advantage of these training grants while they are available!
If you have any questions call the office on 01162 628359 and ask for Ann Stanley or Aaron Luckie, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by Ann Stanley