We are actively promoting two grants that might be of interest to our clients and colleagues:
1) £2k Growth Vouchers – nationwide for companies employing less than 49 staff (50% funding for a £4,000 consultancy project) (POSTSCRIPT ON 12 SEPTEMBER – This has been extended to companies employing less than 250 staff)
2) Leicester City Grants for B2B companies employing less than 250 staff – 50% grants for projects of £2k – £50k (depending on length you have been trading).
You can read more about the grants below and how we can help you.
1) £2k Growth Vouchers – nationwide for companies employing less than
49 250 staff (50% funding for £4,000 strategic consultancy on growing your business)
About the Growth Voucher scheme
Ann Stanley, our MD at Anicca, is a Chartered Member of the CIM (Chartered Institute of Marketing) and has been approved to be a consultancy supplier on the national Growth Voucher scheme. This 50% grant has been created by the Government to help thousands of companies get professional help on the following subjects:
- finance and cash flow
- recruiting and developing staff
- improving leadership and management skills
- marketing, attracting and keeping customers – we can help in this area
- making the most of digital technology – we can help in this area
Some businesses will be randomly chosen to get a voucher for up to £2,000 to help finance specialist business support. You’ll have to match the amount with your own funds.
This scheme is applicable to most SME’s but is designed for projects where you will get strategic advice on growing your business, rather than on actual implementation (so building websites, marketing or advertising costs are excluded).
Who is eligible?
Eligible companies must:
- have 49 employees or less (including any employees of companies that own a stake in your business) – NOW <250 STAFF
- be registered in England
- have been trading for at least one year
- not have paid for business advice in the last 3 years
- be independent (i.e. no more than 25% is owned by other businesses or organisations
- the grant is available to both B2B and B2C companies.
You can download a PDF with the full terms and conditions of the grant at bis-14-539-growth-vouchers-programme-terms-and-conditions
How can Anicca help?
Projects will be for 8 days strategic planning and consultancy. The total project will cost £4,000, but your Growth Vouchers will pay 50% of our fee.
If you would like to apply for the Growth Voucher please click on our contact form and complete your details and the area of consultancy or help you require. We will then refer you to the online form to apply for the vouchers and arrange a meeting to discuss your requirements and project. Alternatively please phone Ann Stanley on 01162 989720 or 07930 384443.
2) Leicester City Grants for B2B companies employing less than 250 staff – 50% grants for a range of projects from £2k to £50k (depending on length you have been trading)
If you’re based in Leicester City and thinking of investing in marketing, business development, capital equipment, premises improvements – there is now 50% grant funding available for eligible projects.
There are two business grants for B2B businesses that pay their business rates to Leicester City Council
- Businesses trading for less than a year – 50% grant for projects of £2k-£10k
- Business trading for more than one year – 50% grant for projects of £4k-£50k
What businesses are eligible for the 50% funding?
The main criteria are listed below:
- You must pay your business rates to Leicester City Council
- You must meet the EU definition of an SME (less than 250 employees, and either a turnover of less than 50m euros or a balance sheet less than 43m euros, plus you cannot hold a stake of more than 25% of the capital or voting rights, whichever is higher, in another organisation and vice versa)
- The grant must result in jobs being created at your business
- Must achieve growth in turnover and GVA (Gross Value Added)
- Must provide “Value for money”
- You must not have received public money, including loans and the amount you’re applying for totalling above 200,000 Euros within the last three year period
Types of project and technologies supported by the Leicester grant
- Marketing materials – including building websites, SEO, PPC and other forms of online marketing
- Consultancy services
- IT equipment and software
- Premises improvement
- Production equipment
- Other one off items to start-up or develop your business
Businesses or projects that are not eligible:
- Retail business, Banks, Insurance, Schools, Hospitals, Care and nurseries, housing projects, coal, steel, man-made textile production
- Staff wages
- Recurring costs
- Legal or compliance costs
How can Anicca help?
Anicca is the biggest AdWords agency in the Midlands with an ever growing team Google accredited staff.
In total there are 18 of us in our office in Leicester, we offer a full range of web development and digital marketing packages for businesses wanting to sell or promote their products or services online. This includes:
Consultancy and strategy (can be undertaken using the Growth Voucher scheme)
- Consultancy and advice on developing your digital marketing strategy or your new start-up online business
- Website review and strategy, including use of mobile responsive design, blogging, social integration, technical SEO
- Analytics review, set-up and strategy
- Conversion and landing page audit and strategy
- A digital marketing overview, channel and growth strategy for lead generation or ecommerce websites (including the use of owned, earned and paid media)
- Online and offline marketing review and integration strategy
Website development projects
- New websites design and development from a relatively simple mobile responsive WordPress site to a complex database driven-site
- Converting existing websites into mobile responsive sites or developing an app
- Ecommerce websites using PrestaShop or Magento
- Integration of websites with other systems, such as finance order processing, product feeds
Owned and earned media – SEO, content marketing, social, marketing automation and email etc.
- SEO review, strategy and implementation; including technical SEO, on-page SEO and off-site SEO
- Content marketing, including SEO, web content, blogging, social, visual media (video and images) and email
- Social media review, strategy and implementation (including paid social)
- Marketing Automation and lead generation strategies, including email, lead nurturing and CRM
- Use of software and tools; including, email marketing, CRM, Marketing automation, search, social and Analytics tools
Paid media, Analytics, conversion optimisation and ecommerce marketing (marketplaces and affiliates)
- Paid advertising strategy, set-up and management: including Google AdWords, Bing, paid social, paid display, remarketing and other techniques as required
- Use of Affiliate marketing, marketplaces, shopping comparison engines, email and other ecommerce marketing techniques
- Analytics and conversion rate optimisation to include forensic insight and landing page or shopping cart testing
Whatever your project we can provide an initial audit and review of your existing website and marketing and provide you with some recommendations and costings.
This grant is funded through the European Union and is managed by Leicester city council.
If you’re interested in applying for the grant or would like more information, please complete our contact form– completing your details and information about your project. Alternatively please call Ann Stanley on 01162 989720.