Marston’s – Strengthening brand awareness through strong SEO management
- Improve the sites search engine rankings for relevant generic and product-specific terms in order to strengthen brand awareness
- Increase the number of visits to the site through organic search to maximise sales and revenue.
- Following a thorough technical, on-page and off-page audit we provided full technical support and guidance to Classic Ales on the best way to configure technical elements of the site such as the XML sitemap and Robots.txt file to improve user experience and facilitate the indexing of pages.
- Manual keyphrase research that compared search volumes of relevant keywords with competition was carried out to identify opportunities for Classic Ales. These 26 target keyphrases were used to optimise existing content and highlight opportunities for new content creation.
- Created and implemented an on-going content marketing strategy which focused on creating relevant and valuable content assets on the website. This included topical articles, guides and informational pieces.
- Outreach strategy was created to build relationships with key influencers through email and social networks with an aim to earn high quality, natural links.
- At the beginning of the project, just six of the target keyphrases ranked in the top 20 positions, and seven ranked on pages 100+. Positions of this target keyphrase set rose from an average of 49.46 to 36.1 in a one month period.
- 11 of these keyphrases ended up in the top 20 organic listings within Google, four of which were on the first page.
- 47.43% increase in organic traffic from April 1st 2014 to April 30th 2014 (when compared with the same period the year before).