We are looking to train our next generation of AdWords Account Managers to join our digital agency based in the heart of Leicester city.
We are looking for new PPC marketing executives to join our fast growing paid media team. This is a fast track program – with performance reviews every 3 months, regular pay rises and promotions leading to Senior Account Executive within 9 – 18 months and Account Manager within 18-24 months. We are looking for people who want a long term career with us, so you need to live in and love Leicester just like we do! So to ensure we get the right candidates we have developed a unique selection process..
The selection process!
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity you will need to go through our rigorous selection process:
1) Please send your CV with cover letter to [email protected]
2) We will give you an initial phone interview and if successful, face to face interview during October 2016.
3) 6-8 candidates will be invited to attend the 2 week AdWords Bootcamp at our offices in Leicester (starting 7th November). You will receive 10 days of intensive hands-on class room training, plus practical assessments. This culminates in you taking your Google AdWords Fundamentals exam, a presentation, and a final selection interview. See more details below.
4) The candidates that meet our professional expectations will be offered the position of trainee PPC marketing executive and will start their new job on (or around) the 9th of January. A shiny new job for a new year!
The Bootcamp – 2 week training course and trainee selection process
This Bootcamp is an extensive mixture of taught classroom sessions and practical workshops. Our MD Ann Stanley, is an experienced lecturer on PPC and alongside our team will lead the classroom sessions throughout the week. For the practical sessions you and another candidate will be teamed up with one of the account or senior account managers.
Day 1 – introduction to pay per click – Google AdWords, MSN adCenter, Facebook, LinkedIn
Day 2 – setting up your first Google AdWords campaign, opening your account and understanding the dashboard
Day 3 – keyphrase research and creating multiple campaigns – mix of taught and practical sessions working within teams, introduction to quality score. Understanding the principles of Quality Score and how to optimise and manage your account – reviewing and optimising existing accounts
Day 4 – advanced AdWords techniques, including ad extensions, remarketing, shopping ads, display ads
Day 5 – conversion tracking and understanding Analytics Day
6/7 – revision for Google AdWords Fundamental exams, interlaced with practical examples, Q & A, take the Google online exam (2 hours multiple-choice)
Day 8/9 – prepare presentations on how you would use PPC for an example company, with presentation to the group on Thursday afternoon
Day 10 – final 1-2-1 interviews (morning), followed by lunch, prizes and offers of placement.
NOTE: You will have to make your own way to our office everyday, so you will need to live in or within commuting distance of Leicester. You will be provided with lunch and refreshments during the day. Ideally, you will need to bring your own laptop to enable you to study on your own screen, otherwise you will have to share with your training buddy.
There are 3 routes to our trainee program:
- AdWords Apprentice – aged 18-24 – starting salary of £12k. You may have studied for A levels or a degree but not got the results you expected, or you may have ended up in completely the wrong job. You now want to make a new start in an exciting and challenging role in a fast moving agency. If applicable we will partner with a local apprenticeship or training provider to give you the required support and level 3 or 4 training.
- Graduate Placement Program – starting salary £15k. Ideal for marketing, business, science, maths or other numerate degrees. You will be looking for a long term career in a dynamic digital agency and have an passion for the Internet and business. You must be highly analytical and love numbers! Depending on your degree you are also encouraged to study day release for the Level 3 or 4 digital marketing diploma.
- Career Swap or PPC Novice – starting salary £15k depending on your qualifications and experience. You will already have had a few jobs – perhaps you are being made redundant or want a career change. We are also interested in any applicants that have some experience of PPC and would like to make it their profession. If you are aged 18 -24 then you can also join the apprenticeship scheme and take advantage of the free training course.
This is a fast track program – with performance reviews every 3 months, regular pay rises and promotions leading to Senior Account Executive within 9-18 months and Account Manager within 18-24 months. We are also looking for people who want a long term career with us, so you need to live or want to stay in Leicester. So to ensure we get the right candidates we have developed a unique selection process..
A Typical First Year In Our Paid Media Team
- Each candidate will be paired with one of the existing account or senior account managers. They will act as your supervisor and mentor. They will provide practical hands-on training and you will work on the PPC accounts that they manage. You will learn all the tasks and techniques required to set-up and manage PPC accounts across Google, MSN/Bing, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- In addition to PPC techniques, you will also learn other ecommerce marketing techniques and display advertising.
- The first performance reviews will be after 3 and 6 months, during this period we would have expected you to have also studied and passed your Google AdWords Advanced search exams. On completing the Advanced exam you will receive a £1000 pay rise. You can take additional Google exams and there will be other performance pay rises periodically during the first year – with the opportunity to increase your salary by up to £3k.
- Depending on the speed of your progress and how hard you work; you can earn promotion to Senior Account Executive between 9-18 months, and Account Manager between 18-24 months.
- Your long term career progression will then be Senior Account Manager and Account Director. You may also decide to move into client account management – for example, if you have more rounded marketing and customer communication skills. However this does involve having a broader technical knowledge of search engine optimisation, other digital marketing techniques and web development.
Is AdWords right for You?
If you are passionate about numbers or have a scientific, analytical mind you will fit well into our paid media team. PPC is generally more geeky, looking into data trends and analysis. If you have a love of spreadsheets and numbers, you will love AdWords and PPC. If you are a designer, highly creative or spend a lot of time blogging, then you might not enjoy this type of work. You need to have a commercial brain – we utilise Clients’ budgets to make the maximum return on their investment. It is a role that mixes scientific analysis with the responsibility of ensuring returns for clients.
What’s it like at Anicca?
We like to work hard and still have time for a good laugh! We enjoy going to the pub together and try to do a monthly social. Many of the staff have worked at Anicca for a number of years, so it is very much a family atmosphere. Have a look at what some of the team had to say about Anicca last year!
Please feel free to call us (0116 298 7496) or email any of the team – we would love to hear from you!
Darren Wynn – Operations Director – [email protected]Posted by