If you’re thinking of investing between £4,000 and £20,000 on web development, digital marketing or a transformational ICT project in the next six months, and are located within certain areas in the East Midlands there is now 50% grant funding available for eligible projects.
Over £2 million in funding to support businesses in the East Midlands!
The Transformational ICT project is being led by the Derbyshire and Chamber of Commerce (DNCC). The Chamber in Leicestershire has recently merged with DNCC (making this combined organisation the second biggest chamber in the country). However Lincolnshire Chamber is also involved and are partners in the project.
DNCC has secured £2,002,971 European Regional Developing Funding (ERDF) to manage and deliver the Transformational ICT – phase 2 (T-ICT2) services from 1 October 2013 to 30 June 2015. A parallel project for businesses in Derbyshire is also being organised by the same team (Digital Derbyshire).
There is up to £650,000 of matched funds available to provide business with grant support for projects and consultancy. However this is part of a much bigger project to provide practical seminars, workshops and a digital marketing and ICT conference, between now and June 2015. This includes a programme of free workshops covering 11 subjects areas or themes, which will be presented around the region.
What businesses are eligible for the 50% funding or free workshops?
Like most EU funded projects you have to be an SME (below 250 employees) and located in certain postcode areas, to be eligible for funding. These are known as Priority 2 areas and include:
• Derbyshire: Derby City, Bolsover, Chesterfield (other areas of Derbyshire are eligible as part of the Digital Derbyshire project)
• Nottinghamshire: Nottingham City, Ashfield, Bassetlaw, Mansfield
• Leicestershire: Leicester City, Oadby & Wigston
• Lincolnshire: Lincoln City, Boston, East Lindsey
• Northamptonshire: Corby
You can look up your Local Authority here Post Code Check
The following technologies and projects will be eligible for consideration:
- Website Development
- Hardware / Software
- Bespoke Software Applications
- Mobile App Development
- ICT System Integration
- Intranet/Extra Net
- Unified Communications
The following won’t be:
- Training only projects eg Excel training
- Non-IT related
- Own staff time
- Rental equipment
- Design and printed materials
- Double funded projects
- Ad spend for online advertising like PPC
- Replacing old equipment with new (wear and tear)
The application process
You first need to attend one of the launch events, or speak directly to the eBusiness Club, or your local Chamber of Commerce.
The application process is then in 2 stages, an initial expression of interest and a more detailed application. There is always a huge demand for this type of grant, therefore expression of interest needs to be submitted as soon as possible.
The second stage is to identify your preferred supplier and provide 3 quotes. Anicca will be happy to provide you with guidance on the types of projects that are likely to be acceptable, to provide you with a quote and of course to actually carryout your project for you, if your application is successful.
Launch events are happening now so if you would be interested in applying, get in touch with us so we can point you in the right direction or forward your details directly to the eBusiness Club.
What projects can Anicca help you with?
Anicca is the biggest AdWords agency in the Midlands with 10 Google accredited staff. In addition, we have two other dedicated teams offering:
- Web content, blogging and search engine optimisation (SEO), social, email and content marketing
- Technical web development, web integration, tool/app development, mobile responsive websites, ecommerce technology and data feeds
In total there is now a team of 20 in our office in Leicester, which allows us to offer a full service for nearly all businesses wanting to promote themselves (or sell) online. The sort of projects we can help you with includes:
- Consultancy and advice on developing your digital marketing strategy or your new start-up online business
- New websites design and development from a relatively simple mobile responsive WordPress site to a complex database driven site
- Converting existing websites into mobile responsive sites or developing an app
- Ecommerce websites using Magento or PrestaShop
- Integration of websites with other systems, such as finance order processing, product feeds
- Analytics and conversion rate optimisation to include forensic insight and landing page or shopping cart testing
- Content marketing, including SEO, web content, blogging, social, email, marketing automation software and integration
- Paid advertising strategy, set-up and management (3rd party ad spend is not eligible for grant funding)
- Use of software and tools; including, email marketing, CRM, content/marketing automation, search, social and Analytics tools
Whatever your project we can provide an initial audit and review of your existing website and marketing and provide you with some recommendations and costings.
If you’re interested in applying for the grant or would like more information, please phone 01162 983726 or alternatively send us an email on [email protected].
We will forward your contact details to the eBusiness Club team and if required we can provide you with a quote for any work that you may require.