Improving site performance training – Day 1
First up, on Wednesday 3rd November, Ann will be taking the Best Practice Web Design & Content Training Day at London’s Hospital Club. This one-day course will cover all the essential aspects needed to produce a solid, goal-orientated website. The course content includes:
- The importance of understanding your audience
- How to benchmark against competitors
- Web site graphic design
- How to control the site visitors journey
- Site architecture – visitor expectation and desired outcome
- Making sure your website is search engine friendly
- Evaluation of different content management options
- Writing for the web
- How to plan and write a brief
This course provides the perfect grounding to make sure your sites content, architecture and functionality can keep up with the ever-changing world of online marketing.
Improving site performance training – Day 2
The second of these courses – Conversion Rate Optimisation Training Day – will again be held at The Hospital Club on Friday 5th November.
As the title suggests, this one-day course is focussed solely on the methods used to improve the conversion rate of your site, and includes:
- Understanding site analytics and traffic measurement – Using Google Analytics to track conversions, gain insights by customising Analytics, importance of targets and benchmarking – how is your site, and business, doing?
- The major principles of testing – Conversion testing tools (e.g. Google Website Optimizer), how to conduct split and multi-variate tests
- How to improve conversions – ‘Conversion friendly’ page design, copywriting to increase conversions, optimising the check-out process, relationship between multimedia and conversion – using video etc…
- Practical evaluation of delegate’s Analytics figures and websites
Improving your conversion rate means you get a higher return from every visitor to your site – which naturally increases profit without necessarily requiring increased traffic. This course will demonstrate the simple, but often ignored, techniques to improve conversion rates – both in terms of lead generation and ecommerce.