Ann Stanley (Managing Director of Leicester based digital agency Anicca Digital) has been invited to present a series of online marketing workshops to the local entrepreneurs at De Montfort Innovation Centre.
This is part of the 2010 enterprise program to help 50 students and Leicestershire entrepreneurs to start-up and develop new businesses.
Last week Ann presented the first presentation “An introduction to search engine optimisation (SEO)“.
During this 2 hour workshop she explained the different results seen in the search engines (including the new Google Instant), how the search engines work, and the 3 main factors that help you get a high listing:
- Is your site indexed by the search engines?
- Do you have the keyphrases within your content (on-page optimisation)?
- Is your site authoritative for that topic (off-page optimisation and link building)?
Over the next couple of months there will be other online marketing workshops covering:
- Driving traffic to your website using pay per click
- How to improve conversions on your website
- How to retain and communicate with your online customers
If you would like help with getting your website found in the search engines or some initial consultancy or training then contact us to discuss your requirements.
Posted by Ann Stanley