We are looking to recruit an in-house Sales and Marketing Manager to help in the growth of our digital marketing agency (Anicca Digital). The successful candidate will report to the Managing Director (Ann Stanley) and should already have experience working in a similar role in a digital agency.
Anicca Digital Ltd is an award-winning digital marketing agency based in their brand new offices, on Frog Island in Leicester city. We provide a mix of consultancy, campaign implementation and training to around 50 clients, such as Experian, Deichmann Shoes, Pall-Ex and Market Harborough Building Society.
In addition to our integrated digital marketing and consultancy services, such as PPC, SEO, social, marketing automation, Analytics, CRO etc; we also run:
- Monthly 5-day training boot camps,
- The monthly Leicester Digital meet-up/networking event,
- Quarterly technical seminars,
- Our annual E-Commercial conference, where we are expecting over 300 delegates, at our fourth event on 30th October,
- We have also developed a digital marketing apprenticeship that will launch later in the year.
We celebrated our 10th birthday last year, but we have no intention of standing still!
We have some very ambitious growth plans for the next few years, which includes growing our wonderful team from 25 to 50 staff.
We require an experienced Sales and Marketing professional who has the imagination and drive to develop and implement our business development plans. You will be extremely passionate about your career and be able to work with a mixed bag of personalities at different levels. You should be a great communicator (both written and verbal) and have a resilient personality that is required in this fast-moving digital landscape.
The role of Sales and Marketing Manager is a senior position within our agency and as such you will report directly to the Managing Director. You will have overarching responsibility for the effective management of the sales and marketing of the services and products offered by Anicca Digital and the other companies within the Anicca Group. In addition to a good basic salary, you will also be offered commission on hitting your sales targets.
Initially, you will not be directly responsible for any staff, but you will work closely with the other Directors and senior consultants and our technical teams. You will be able to request assistance from the technical staff in each department – giving you the necessary resources to implement the marketing plans.
Sales and business development
- Helping to achieve quarterly lead generation (and corresponding revenue) targets agreed in the marketing plan
- Opening and qualifying leads
- Active involvement in the business development and sales process (in collaboration with the directors and technical consultants)
- Creation of quotations and order confirmations
- Follow-up of leads, tracking and reporting to the board
- Strategy and planning to deliver the growth targets outlined in Anicca’s business plan
- Increasing brand awareness and reputation of Anicca
- Efficient use of internal technical resources and use of other suppliers or sub-contractors
- Allocation of the marketing budget across different paid activities to achieve the target number of leads and revenue from new clients
- Calculate and maximise the ROI from different channels and/or marketing activities
- Company and group marketing activities across both online and offline channels
- Plan and create regular emails, newsletters and award entries
- Implementation of marketing campaigns across a range of paid, owned and earned channels with the technical staff
- Event organisation and promotion for internal events and training courses or external conferences and exhibitions
You will be educated to degree level, with a marketing-related professional qualification (e.g. CIM or CAM). Ideally you will have at least 2 years’ experience in a senior marketing role in a digital marketing agency. However, similar experience may have been gained working in a professional, B2B or lead generation environment for a service company.
Practical skills required:
- Strong communication and sales skills; with previous experience and presenting at pitches, seminars and conferences
- Extensive knowledge of digital marketing, in order to understand prospects’ needs, qualify the project, develop pitch presentation and if required present to clients
- Practical copywriting skills, including press releases, website content (including best practice for SEO purposes) blogs, social media, email marketing
- A hands-on use of Photoshop and a good eye for design for use both online and print
- Previous experience in managing a WordPress website, including creating content, SEO and working with our content writers
- Practical experience of running a CRM and/or marketing automation software for ongoing email communication and lead nurturing
- Detailed Analytics knowledge and a data-driven approach to provide insight and reporting dashboards
- Extensive hands-on experience of event management, promotion and organisation
- Project management and running multiple projects at any one time
We provide a self-developing environment (with support when you need it) and a salary of up to £35k per annum depending on your experience. You will also receive commission on achieving lead and sales targets with an OTE of £50k.
Our brand new office has an informal but hardworking atmosphere, with never ending supplies of tea, coffee, cereals, juice and the odd beer or wine after work.
You will join our pension scheme and 24 days holiday leave plus bank holidays. You will have to save some for Christmas as we close throughout the festive season.
Our working day starts at 9am and finishes at 5.30pm with an hour for lunch, Monday to Friday, however we would consider applications from candidates wanting to work part-time or different hours. We have a number of young parents working for us, so we can offer very flexible arrangements in order to encourage the best candidates to apply.