in Linking Domains
Buydirect4u PR & Search Case Study
In January 2016, rapidly expanding ecommerce brand buydirect4u.co.uk commissioned Anicca to devise and deliver an integrated PR and Search campaign with the objectives of driving both revenue and brand awareness.
During this time, the campaign has achieved significant results in terms of sales, traffic and brand awareness.
Background and Objectives
We have been providing PPC management for BuyDirect4u for over 4 years in order to help them grow their ecommerce website business selling imported home and garden products.
- At the end of 2014, we were asked to provide their PR management.
- In January 2016, we were also asked to extend our service to include full SEO setup and management (as part of a relaunch of their website).
- To launch the new site with minimal drop in organic traffic
- To drive awareness and sales for their new "clicks and collect" service - by increasing sales from customers within 25 mile radius
- To increase brand awareness and links from media sites with an objective of increasing domain authority by doubling the number of referring domains
- To increase traffic and drive sales of key product ranges, resulting in:
- Double the revenue from PPC
- A 50% increase in revenue from organic traffic
ROAS and budgets
- The cost of sales target for the PPC campaign was <18% (on the ad spend budget of up to £12k)
- The monthly management was for 5 days per month, plus a share of the 18 days SEO setup, resulting in a monthly fee of £2,500 per month
- Increase the PPC budget and activity; including more shopping campaigns and dynamic remarketing
- SEO setup including technical SEO and to help with the launch of the new site
- On-page SEO including category pages and blog content
- Ongoing content marketing strategy
- Backlink profile and disavow
PR and outreach to help build brand awareness and site authority
- A range of B2C and B2B tactics including sampling, press and blogger reviews, press events, photo opportunities, broadcast interviews and reviews
Coverage (Jan-May 2016 only)
- Number of cuttings: 69
- Total audience reach: 2,100,000
- Eyeball on article: 224,000
- Social shares: 5,486
- Total advertising equivalent in £: 73,900
Coverage in key consumer titles including:
- Living etc.
- Channel Five's The Saturday Show
- Woman & Home
- Woman's Own
- 25 Beautiful Homes
- House Beautiful
- Modern Gardens
- Birmingham Living
Coverage (business press)
- Coverage in key business titles including:
- Leicester Mercury - double page spread and full page in Business section
- Loughborough Echo - front page
- Insider Media - Most Read Story of the Day
Impact of PR and outreach on referring domains to the site (using Ahrefs)
- Target to increase Referring Domains by 100% was exceeded, we achieved a staggering 456% increase in linking domains.
- Organic Sessions improved 18%
- Target to improve organic revenue by 50% was met, with a 59% improvement
- Pay Per Click sessions improved 66%
- Target to improve Pay Per Click revenue by 100% was met, with a 127% improvement
- Pay Per Click Cost of Sale target of less than 18% was beaten, with a result of 14.6%
Call 0116 298 7482 to speak to
one of our digital marketing consultants