Bootcamp Dates: 20th – 24th September 2021
Anicca is now looking to train our next group of Paid Media Executives to join our award-winning digital agency based in the heart of Leicester city.
We are looking for new executives to join our growing team of paid media specialists; to learn how to create and manage advertising campaigns in Google, Bing, Facebook, LinkedIn, Amazon, Pinterest etc. For the full job description download the document here.
There are 2 ways you can join the trainee program:
- Graduate Placement Program– starting salary £18k.
- Ideal for marketing, media, business, science, maths or similar degrees.
- You will be looking for a long-term career in a dynamic digital agency and have a passion for the Internet and business.
- You must be highly analytical and love numbers!
- GEN-X Upskill or Career Swap – starting salary up to £30k depending on your qualifications and experience.
- This role is part of our diversity and inclusion programme, to tackle the digital skills gap and is specifically aimed at older applicants (over 40) or candidates from other minority or disadvantaged groups
- We are looking for candidates with strong marketing or client management experience but have missed out on learning digital advertising and Analytics skills. So you may already have had a career in traditional marketing or PR – perhaps you are finishing a current contract or want a career change.
- However, this role might also suit soemone who has been working in other professions, such as recruitment or accountancy, where you have a mix of client-facing and techncial skills.
This is a fast track program – with performance reviews every 3 months, regular pay rises and promotions leading to Account Manager within 12-36 months. We are also looking for people who want a long-term career with us, so you need to live or want to stay in Leicester. So, to ensure we get the right candidates we have developed a unique selection process.
During your probation you will be expected to spend most of your time based from our Leicester office. However, once you have passed your probation, you will typically spend 1 or 2 days in the office (as we offer a fully flexible and remote working conditions).
The selection process!
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity you will need to go through our rigorous selection process:
1) Please send your CV with cover letter to [email protected]
2) We will give you an initial phone interview and if successful, face to face interview at the start of September.
3) Up to 12 candidates will be invited to attend the 1-week Boot Camp at our offices in Leicester (starting 20th September). You will receive three days of intensive class room and hands-on training, plus practical assessments.
4) Up to 4 candidates will be offered the position of Trainee Paid Media Executive and will start their new job on a date agreed during the interview process. The expected start date is likely to be the 1st October for most candidates, but some candidates may start later (for example if you have to work your notice), or if we want to offer additional places.
Paid Media Boot Camp – 1-week training course and trainee selection process
This Boot Camp is an extensive mixture of taught classroom sessions and practical workshops. Our team of paid media account managers will deliver the classroom sessions.
The Agenda: –
Day 1 – Introduction to digital marketing and Anicca
Day 2 – Introduction to Paid Search (Google PPC)
Day 3 – Introduction to Paid Social (Facebook and Instagram ads)
Day 4 – Case study preparation day
Day 5 – Presentations and Interviews
NOTE: You will not be paid for your time and you will have to make your own way to our office everyday, so you will need to live in or within commuting distance of Leicester. You will be provided with refreshments during the day. Ideally, you will need to bring your own laptop to enable you to study on your own screen.
The first year on the job
- Each candidate will be paired with one of the existing senior executives or account managers. They will act as your coach and mentor. They will provide practical hands-on training and you will work on the Paid accounts that they manage. You will learn all the tasks and techniques required to set-up and manage advertising accounts across Google, MSN/Bing, Facebook and LinkedIn etc
- In addition to Paid techniques, you will also learn other ecommerce marketing techniques and display advertising. This will involve you rotating within the team to allow you to work with other specialists
- You will also join our DMI Level 4 digital marketing course. This is taught 1 day per week over 10 weeks. The first course starts in October and is repeated every 3 months.
- The first performance reviews will be after 3 and 6 months, during this period we would have expected you to have also studied and passed your Google Fundamental and Advanced search exams, you will also need to have passed your Analytics exam and started studying for your Facebook Blueprint exams. This is also a requirement to pass your probation period which is normally 6 months. On passing your probation and completing a minimum of two of these exams you will receive a pay rise.
- You will be required to take additional Google exams and there will be other performance pay rises periodically during the first year – with the opportunity to increase your salary.
- Depending on the speed of your progress and how hard you work; you can earn promotion to Senior Account Executive between 6-18 months, and Account Manager between 12-36 months.
- Your long-term career progression will then be Senior Account Manager and Account Director. You may also decide to move into client account management – for example, if you have more rounded marketing and customer communication skills. However, this does involve having a broader technical knowledge of search engine optimisation, other digital marketing techniques and web development.
Is a role in paid advertising right for you?
If you are passionate about the Internet, marketing and business then you will fit well into our agency.
The paid media executive role can often be highly analytical and if you are good at spreadsheets and numbers you will probably love Google and Bing Ads. However, paid search advertising is generally more ‘geeky and techie’ than paid social advertising, where you will need to create image or video-based ads. So having some design skills can help for this part of the role.
If you are highly creative, or you spend a lot of time blogging and writing content – then you might not enjoy this type of work, as much as a job that involves writing a lot of content or posting organic social content.
Finally, you need to have a commercial or business brain – we use Clients’ hard-earned money to try and make the maximum return on their investment. So, you need to understand offers, ads and marketing in order to help get their ads attention, clicks and conversions! So, if you already buy and sell on eBay you may also have the right skills.
Please feel free to call us (0116 254 7224) or the team – we would love to hear from you!
Holly Kelly – [email protected]