*This position has now been filled.*
Anicca Digital is an award-winning digital marketing agency, based in the heart of Leicester. We are currently recruiting for the new position of “New Business Development and Client Account Director”.
The successful candidate would work with the rest of the new business and client development team and play a key role in income generation (as part of our growth strategy). The role will be a mix of:
- New Business development
- Growing our client base of medium and large businesses from across Leicestershire and the Midlands
- Responding to tenders/frameworks and request for pitches, for longer term projects in both the private and non-profit sectors
- Client Account development
- Developing the organic growth of existing clients e.g. by cross-selling in new channels or increasing their marketing campaigns and ad spend, as they try to grow their own businesses
- Client renewals and retention
- Developing partnerships with other agencies and organisations, plus other opportunities to develop alternative income streams
It is envisaged that initially you will focus more on new business, working with our internal marketing team, our telesales agency and internal technical consultants. The role will eventually be split more evenly between new business development and working with your own portfolio of clients.
New business development
The new business side of the role will include;
- Management of incoming leads into the agency through our CRM system, identifying and pursuing self-generated leads through a variety of channels*
- Preparing audits and proposals for new prospects, attending new business meetings, helping to close deals, follow-up admin, reporting to the senior management team (SMT) and board of directors
- You will also work with the other members of the team to organise seminars and targeted marketing campaigns to reach specific companies
- You will also develop partnerships with other agencies and organisations that may be able to refer work to us, i.e. from their existing client base
- You will also be responsible for identifying and responding to requests for tenders, frameworks and pitch requests
- You will work with, and report to the Managing Director, who is currently responsible for new business development and consultancy
*As this is a more holistic business development role, rather than a pure sales role, it is envisaged that leads will be a mix of inbound enquiries as well as self-generated.
Client relationship development
The client relationship development side of the role will include;
- You will be the main point of contact for a small portfolio of clients, which have multi-channel projects with us, i.e. where we provide a number of services on their behalf
- You will oversee the delivery of the campaign (by the technical team), setting and meeting of KPIs, and eventually the satisfaction and renewal of the client contracts
- You will organise quarterly review meetings, where you will help to present the results of the campaigns and opportunities for organic growth of the client account (in order to help them develop their business)
- For this part of the role, you will work with and report to the Client Development Director, who is currently responsible for client satisfaction, organic growth and customer retention
What we are looking for?
This is a senior position – so we are looking for someone who has at least 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role. You will need to demonstrate your approach to new business development and how you build and maintain long-term relationships.
However, you will also need to have a good commercial awareness of the impact of marketing on businesses and either have extensive digital marketing experience or be prepared to learn this very quickly. You need to have the experience, gravitas and confidence to become a trusted advisor, rather than a pure salesperson.
Technical knowledge required for this position
Our approach with prospects and existing clients is that of a consultant and trusted adviser. Therefore, we are not looking for a “commodity salesperson”, but someone who has gained technical experience within a digital, advertising or web agency. You must be seen to add real value to the client and have a thorough understanding of the technical aspects of the projects and campaigns that we carry out for clients.
Depending on your previous experience and on your current technical knowledge in digital marketing, it is likely that during the first 6 months, you will need considerable support from the other technical specialists and consultants in the Anicca team. It is therefore essential that during this period, you are prepared to carry out extensive learning, so you will up-skill and eventually become knowledgeable and more self-sufficient when talking to clients.
You will then be able to analyse the digital footprint of a business, present to prospective clients independently and be able to communicate confidently to business managers, irrespective of their technical knowledge.
Your efforts will be rewarded by way of a good basic salary and an appealing commission structure, you will enjoy a friendly and professional working environment, where the other members of the technical team will be able to offer expertise and technical support.
We offer all the normal perks you come to expect from a good employer such as; gym membership, 25 days holiday plus the usual 8 days bank holiday. There is an auto-enrolment pension scheme in place, and for the right person we would match other benefits of your current package.
Apply by email to Ann Stanley ([email protected]) or call 07930384443, before the 14th August 2019.
No Agencies please.