POSITION NOW FILLED
| Job Title: |
|Marketing Manager – In-house |
| Department: |
| Reporting to: |
|Managing Director |
|Salary band (entry level): ||Senior (level 4) |
|Probation period: ||6-month probation period |
|Notice period: ||1-month during probation |
3-months after successful completion of probation
|Reviews ||Annually |
|Promotion prospects: ||You may be offered the opportunity to progress within the agency to the position of “Head of marketing”. |
This would follow the successful completion of your annual targets and expansion of the team, for example the employment of a marketing executive
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm with 1 hour for lunch
Out of hours: Exhibitions, conferences and networking events as required
The role of Marketing Manager is a senior position within our business and as such you will report directly to the Managing Director. You will have sole responsibility for the effective management of the marketing of the services and products offered by Anicca Digital and the other companies within the Anicca Group.
Initially, you will not be directly responsible for any staff, but you will work closely with the other Directors and the Heads of Department (HOD’s), senior strategists and our technical teams. You will be able to request assistance from the technical staff in each department – giving you the necessary resources to implement the marketing plans.
As the company grows, it is envisaged that we will employ a marketing executive who you will report directly to you. At this point, it is expected that you will be promoted to the role of “Head of marketing”.
Outline of responsibilities and activities
- Strategy Planning to deliver growth targets outlined in our business plan
- Manage the Marketing Budget and report back to the board of directors
- Company and Group Marketing activities across both online & offline channels
- Scheduled, manage and quality control all activities across all marketing channels
- Organising events and promotions
- Support business development and lead generation activities
- Create learning material on generic marketing methods and best practice and deliver as required to Academy delegates
- Strategy and planning to deliver the growth targets outlined in our business plan:
Working with the board of directors, you will be required to create an annual strategy and marketing plan (based on the business growth plan)
This will involve analysing market trends and results from previous historical activities to help decide which marketing activity will help achieve the business and revenue objectives.
You will take full responsibility for the creation and implementation of these marketing plans and marketing communications across online and offline channels.
Your objectives will include:
- Increasing the brand awareness and reputation of Anicca
- Helping to achieve the quarterly lead generation (and corresponding revenue) targets agreed in the marketing plan,
- Managing the market budget and reporting back to the board of directors
You will make recommendation on the allocation and management of the marketing budget (for approval by the board).
You will provide monthly reports to the board via the use of dashboards.
You will provide feedback and recommendations on the cost effectiveness of different activities/channels and if required make ad hoc requests for reallocation of the budget based on your analysis or opportunities offered by suppliers.
Your objectives for managing your resources will include:
- Efficient use of internal technical resources and use of other suppliers or sub-contractors
- Allocation of the marketing budget across different paid activities to achieve the target numbers of leads and revenue from new clients
- Calculate and maximise the ROI from different channels and/or marketing activities
- Company and group marketing activities across both online and offline channels
- Working in collaboration with our designer, you will create online and offline marketing materials for use across all channels
- You will manage the relaunch and the ongoing upkeep of our main Anicca.co.uk website and any other websites run by the group e.g. Leicesterdigital.co.uk
- If required, you may need to manage the development of future websites for other companies within the group
- You will be responsible for the management and development of our CRM/MAS and ongoing communications with client, prospects and partners
- You will plan, create and broadcast regular emails and newsletters
- You will plan, create and submit various award entries
- You will be responsible for all other centralised communications
- You will take responsibility for the accuracy of the marketing communications plan in conjunction with the heads of departments ensuring a uniformed approach
- Implementation of marketing campaigns across a range of paid, owned and earned channels (in conjunction with the heads of departments and technical staff)
- You will coordinate and work with HODs to deliver the marketing activities for their channels – this includes paid search, paid display, paid social, SEO/content marketing, PR, organic social media, Analytics and CRO.
- You will also be responsible for setting deadlines and driving the projects forward to achieve these deadlines
- You will work collaboratively with the PR team and act as the central contact for our own PR activities to build a great network of contacts to maximise our own marketing and brand
- Event organisation and promotion (for internal events and training courses or external conferences and exhibitions):
Our events and conferences
- You will plan, organise and promote key events hosted by Anicca Digital and subsidiaries of Anicca Group.
- Currently this includes, monthly Leicester Digital meet-ups, quarterly seminars to clients, and the annual E-Commercial conference.
- You will be the overall manager of these events but will be able to call upon assistance from the rest of the Anicca team
- You will be involved in the development of any new events and conferences, for example a social media conference
- You will also co-ordinate any social activities for the Anicca team
Training courses and boot camps
- You will be responsible for the promotion of our monthly boot camps and training courses
- You may also be required to assist in the organisation and management of these events, including contacting delegates, issuing delegate packs, organising catering, assisting on the day etc
- To help in the development and promotion of the Anicca Academy and the training courses for digital apprenticeships
3rd party events and other activities
- To organise and attend external events and conferences (with other members of the team)
- If applicable, you may have the opportunity to speak at our conferences, events or training courses
- Supporting business development and lead generation activities
- Help with creation of creds, pitches and proposals (if applicable you may be asked to assist in face to face meetings)
- Work in conjunction with the business development team on qualifying, nurturing leads, and reporting sales performance
- Upkeep of the prospect and client database (CRM) and the sales opportunities within the sales pipeline
- Developing partnerships with other agencies and suppliers that may want to white-label or subcontract our services
- Identifying any other business development opportunities, product or service developments or potential partnerships that will assist with our growth aspirations
To create and deliver education on general marketing activities supporting the delegates of Anicca Academy Ltd. You may be required to offer this to our in-house team members as and when required.
- Educated to degree level, with a marketing-related professional qualification (e.g. CIM or CAM)
- At least 2 years’ experience in a senior marketing role, ideally in an agency. However, similar experience may have been gained working in a professional, B2B or lead generation environment
- Detailed Analytics knowledge and a data-driven approach to provide insight and reporting dashboards
- Previous experience in managing the development of a new website, including planning, creating website content and working with designers and developers
- Skills required:Strong copywriting skills including press releases, website content (including best practice for SEO purposes) blogs, social media, email marketing
- A hands-on use of Photoshop and a good eye for design for use both online and print
- Practical experience of running a CRM and/or marketing automation software for ongoing email communication and lead nurturing
- Extensive hands-on experience of event management, promotion and organisation
- Project management and running multiple projects at any one time
- Time management
- Presentation skills
- Building a business case
- Excellent creative skills
- Written and verbal skills
- Relationship management
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- You will be a creative inspiration for Anicca
- You will be passionate about marketing
- Great attention to detail
- Commercially aware
- Ability to collaborate with teams and ensure you communicate effectively and timely
- Be transparent with clients, co-workers and other partners
- Be bold, free-spirited in your quest for delivering exceptional service
- Be loyal and looking for a long-term career progression with potential for promotion to director level