PR, SEO and PPC Digital Marketing Case Study
Increase in Local
For the last few years, Anicca Digital has been successfully managing the Charles Bentley (formerly BuyDirect4U) Pay Per Click (PPC) marketing campaigns, helping to improve its e-commerce business.
Selling imported home and garden products, there was a huge potential to reach the client’s key objectives, driving both revenue and brand awareness.
PPC campaigns can be complex and require careful planning, however, they are one of the most effective marketing tactics when used successfully. Our work for BuyDirect4U achieved such significant results in terms of sales and traffic, that our team was asked to branch into PR (Public Relations) management in 2014.
Plus, in 2016, as part of a re-launch of the Charles Bentley website, we were asked to extend our service to full Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) set-up and management. How did we implement a multi-channel approach and deliver a fully integrated marketing campaign? We’ve put together our case study for how we grew the Charles Bentley business.
We set clear objectives for our PPC campaign, which were:
- Launch the client’s new website with minimal drop in organic traffic
- Drive awareness of their new "click and collect" service by increasing sales from customers within a 25 mile radius
- Increase brand awareness and links from media sites
- Increase domain authority by doubling the number of referring domains
- Increase traffic and drive sales of key product ranges; double revenue from PPC and increase revenue from organic traffic by 50%
Types of PPC campaigns can vary, however, we ensure our approach is always data driven. We achieve tangible and trackable results for our clients, and Charles Bentley saw their objectives fully accomplished:
- Target to increase Referring Domains by 100% was exceeded; we achieved a staggering 456% increase in linking domains
- Organic Sessions improved by 18%
- Target to improve organic revenue by 50% was met, with a 59% improvement
- PPC sessions improved by 66%
- Target to improve PPC revenue by 100% was met, with a 127% improvement
- PPC Cost of Sale target of less than 18% was beaten, with a result of 14.6%
- A 900% increase in website traffic locally
- Organic listings have attracted 66% more visitors than during the previous 12 months
- The website had 38 referring domains, however, as of September 2015, this number had grown to 89—a testament to the coverage achieved through PR
- Referral traffic saw an 89% increase in sessions, a 119% uplift in transactions and a staggering 158% increase in revenue
How did we achieve the objectives of the campaign?
We broke down the campaign into different segments, which would all work together as one, over a time period of two years.
- Increase the PPC budget and activity; include more shopping campaigns and dynamic remarketing
- SEO setup including technical SEO and supporting the client with the launch of the new site
- On-page SEO research into keywords and longer-tail key phrases, including category pages and blog content, plus implementing this into the website copy
- A creative content marketing strategy put together and written by our team
- Backlink profile to be improved and disavow managed
Our team implemented a range of Business to Customer (B2C) and Business to Business (B2B) tactics to create a successful PR campaign, including sampling, press and blogger reviews, press events, photo opportunities, broadcast interviews and reviews. In January to May 2016 alone, the results were impressive, with a total audience reach of 2.1 million users.
The campaign achieved significant results in terms of sales, organic traffic, and brand awareness:
- Eyeball on articles: 224,000
- Social shares: 5,486
- Total advertising equivalent: £73,900
Plus, we achieved coverage for the client in key business titles including:
- Leicester Mercury - double page spread and full page in Business section
- Loughborough Echo - front page
- Insider Media - Most Read Story of the Day
- Livingetc Magazine
- Channel Five's The Saturday Show
- Woman & Home
- Woman's Own
- 25 Beautiful Homes
- House Beautiful
- Modern Gardens
- Birmingham Living
Call 0116 298 7482 to speak to
one of our digital marketing consultants