Shortlisted for the UK 2017 Search Awards - Deichmann Social Media Case Study
Our client Deichmann Shoes UK launched their Star Collection with Ellie Goulding. When the Deichmann Shoes Group contracted singer-songwriter Ellie Goulding in a multi-market ambassador deal, it provided Deichmann Shoes UK and Anicca Digital with a unique opportunity to increase the brand’s online presence and its sales. We constructed a multi-channel marketing strategy comprising of SEO, content creation and distribution, influencer marketing and paid & organic social media.
- To increase online sales of Deichmann Shoes in the UK by 30%
- To increase traffic to the UK Deichmann online shop by 50%
- To increase awareness of the Deichmann brand in the UK through digital touchpoints
- To use influencer marketing to provide a third party boost to a relatively low budget campaign
Deichmann Shoes UK launched their Star Collection with singer-songwriter Ellie Goulding fronting the campaign. The campaign was essentially Content-Led Strategy, using the high value assets ambassador owned by the Group and distributing these through the relevant channels with the right messaging to reach the target audience for Deichmann Shoes UK.
The first phase of the project entailed producing the commercial assets to launch the range on the Deichmann UK website. This included writing optimised product descriptions for each of the 22 products as well as the content for a landing page and a blog for the Trendblog section of the website.
We also took advantage of the high search volumes for ‘gold trainers’ and ‘rose gold shoes’ at the time to drive traffic to the trendy range of shoes. On social media platforms, several “influencers” were identified and approached. Influencer activities included “unboxing” videos as well as product sample reviews. Influencers were provided with hashtags, tone of voice guidance and links to relevant URLs. Influencers then recorded their own video.
- Overall sales uplift - 58%
- YOY traffic increase - 108%
- Unboxing campaign results - total video views - 39,753, total likes - 5584
- Instagram growth between Feb and May 2017 - 1,227 new followers
- Facebook growth between Feb and May 2017 - 10,417 new followers
"Having worked with Anicca for the past year, I have been incredibly impressed with their service and expertise. I would go as far as to say, they are the best online marketing agency I have ever worked with. Not only have they delivered results, but they've gone above and beyond and been a joy to work with."
Andy Cotter, Marketing Manager - Deichmann Shoes
Call 0116 298 7482 to speak to
one of our digital marketing consultants