6-month placements at Anicca Digital for digital marketing assistants and office support
We are pleased to be supporting the government Kickstart initiative to provide five new 6-month placements for candidates aged 16-24, currently receiving income support.
We are currently taking applications for these opportunities:
- Content marketing assistant
- Paid media and digital advertising assistant
- Creative/design assistant
- Client services and sales assistant
- Office and admin assistant
These are for full-time placements for trainees based at our office in the centre of Leicester, to start on or after the 1st March.
No previous experience required
- Although you are not expected to have any previous experience in a similar role, we will be looking for the best and most qualified candidates (including recent graduates).
- Therefore, it is essential that you have a positive attitude and are eager to pursue a long-term career working in an award-winning digital marketing agency.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and we are proud of our record of diversity and equality. Half of the Anicca team are female (including our founder and managing director).
Details for all roles
Hours and place of work
- The role will be full-time for 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
- We offer flexi-time with core hours of 9.30 – 4.30 each day (including your lunch break). This means you can agree with your manager, your work hours (around this core time).
- We offer remote working, with junior members of staff attending the office once a week on a Wednesday for training (COVID restrictions dependant)
- It is essential you can get to our office by public transport or by your own transport.
- We are on the main A50 bus route into Leicester city centre and a short walk from the Highcross Shopping Centre.
- We offer free car parking (a short walk from the office) and have bike storage available on site.
- You will also be entitled to 2 days leave per month, plus bank holidays.
We pay the living wage (this is the minimum wage for your age plus £2 per hour). For a candidate aged 21-24, this is equivalent to a salary of approximately £10 per hour or £18,000 per year.
Training, support and additional qualifications
- You will receive on-the-job training and a support programme through the East Midlands Chamber of Commerce (who are coordinating this scheme).
- In addition, you will attend 12 days of training (1 day per week) in our training room at our office on Frog Island. This covers all the main elements of digital marketing. At the end of the 12-week course, you can choose to take a Level 4 qualification from the Digital Marketing Institute (DMI).
- Depending on the role, you will also be encouraged to study for additional qualifications; for example, from Google or Facebook.
Opportunities for a permanent position at the end of the placement
Assuming there is no further deterioration in economic conditions; it is envisaged that all candidates will be offered a full-time job at the end of their placement (subject to reaching the required level of performance, demonstrating a positive attitude and passing a formal interview).
More details of each role
Content marketing assistant
- This role is designed for someone with a passion for writing and creating content.
- Although no on-the-job experience is required, the ideal candidate will love writing and have good experience of using Word. Ideally, you would have written a blog or published content online (e.g. using WordPress).
- You will be trained on how content is used online, to help educate users and to help websites get listed in Google (Search engine optimisation or SEO).
- You will also look at other methods of content distribution; including email, paid and organic social media and how content is created for press releases (PR) for distribution to the media.
- After initial training, you will be expected to produce content for the Anicca website and if successful you will progress to producing content for our clients. This will involve planning, ideation, creation and distribution of content.
- In addition, you will also be taught how to use various SEO tools and Google Analytics (to understand whether the content is found in the search engines, what drives traffic to the site and if users engage with the content you have produced).
Paid media and digital advertising assistant
- This role is designed for someone with a passion for digital media and advertising.
- Although no on-the-job experience is required, the ideal candidate will like working with spreadsheets and numbers. You may have already experimented with online advertising or setting up a store on eBay or Amazon
- You will be trained to set-up and manage ads in the following platforms: Google search/text and shopping Ads, Facebook/Instagram ads and LinkedIn ads.
- This will involve understanding the principles and tactics of paid advertising strategies and how to use the dashboard of each of the major ad platform.
- In addition, you will also be taught how to use Google Analytics to understand the source of the traffic to websites and the behaviours of users on the site.
- You will also be encouraged to study and take the various exams from Google and Facebook, as these certifications will demonstrate your level of knowledge and experience for specific techniques that are used on these platforms.
- This role is designed for someone with a passion for design, photography and making videos. Although no job experience in a similar role is required, the ideal candidate would already have used software to create and edit graphical designs, photos or videos etc.
- You will be trained in the use of Canva, Photoshop, (plus other Adobe Suite), photography, videos, etc. for the design and editing of online or offline marketing assets.
- You will also be trained in how to create and edit assets for use on websites, as part of content campaigns and for use in digital marketing advertising – especially paid social ads and display advertising.
- Depending on how quickly you progress, you will also help in the production of articles and guides etc, which will be published online and possibly in printed form.
Client services and sales assistant
- This role is designed for someone with a passion for customer service and sales.
- You need to love working with people and the ideal candidate will have probably worked in a sales or customer service role, perhaps in retail, hospitality, or recruitment.
- However, this will initially be an admin role, whilst you are learning about the services we offer, so you will need to have good Office skills, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint etc.
- You will also be trained on how we sell to clients, the creation of proposals, and how clients are onboarded. So you will need a confident telephone manner.
- You will also spend time with the client services team and learn about our client review and renewal processes.
- Depending on your progress and areas of strengths, the role will evolve to match your skillset; this means you could end up in an admin role or client-facing role.
Office and admin assistant
- This role is designed for someone with a passion for administration and an interest in using their writing, numeric and organisational skills.
- Although no on-the-job experience is required, the ideal candidate will have excellent Office experience (Word, Excel and PowerPoint etc).
- You will be trained in the techniques and jobs involved in running our agency. You will learn a range of admin tasks required for the smooth running of our business.
- This will include the use of various software tools for managing our time and our finances.
- You may also be involved with helping with activities for marketing the business, such as loading content on our website, sending out email newsletters and promoting our weekly webinars.
- We also run various training courses and other events at our office. So, subject to the lockdown situation, you will be expected to help with the organisation and management of these events; for example, handling registrations, communicating with delegates, organising refreshments etc.
- You can contact us to express your interest in these opportunities, by emailing [email protected] – please indicate which role you are interested in and where possible provide a CV with any other supporting information.
- Alternatively, you can complete the form on our job vacancy page to register your interest.
- We will be screening initial applications during January, for interviews to be held in February.
- Please note, if you successfully pass the initial screening stages, you will still need to apply through the official Kickstart channels i.e. via your work coach at the Jobcentre. We will provide more information on this, once it is available.